CALL FOR A CONSULTATION 508-436-4613 508-436-4613
Home / Practice Areas / Modification


All families change over time. As their needs and goals change, legal action may be necessary to make sure that existing court orders evolve to meet new family requirements. What was suitable to the parties at the time of the original judgment entered may no longer work as jobs change, children age and parents remarry. Attorney Belinsky will help you decide if a modification makes sense and obtain appropriate changes to orders for child support, child custody, parenting time, education, health costs and other similar expenses and alimony.

Modifications of child custody or parenting time, child support and alimony often require proof to the court that there has been a substantial change in circumstances. Substantial changes can be as simple as a greater financial need or increase in income, or may include a change in your child’s environment or time sharing.

Attorney Belinsky will review your goals with you and examine the existing orders.  Together, realistic, achievable objectives will be set.

Whether you are seeking an adjustment in your spousal or child support, are looking to adjust your parenting schedule, or are attempting to change or oppose a change in custody, this law firm can help..

Attorney Belinsky will take the time to work closely with you to understand your unique circumstances, goals and concerns.

Advocating for you and your family

Attorney Belinsky will advocate for your rights in court to help you get the child support and child custody modifications you and your children need, and guide you through the often difficult procedures to get results. She can also assist you with domestication of foreign or out-of-state judgments, so that you can obtain enforcement of or changes to those court orders in Massachusetts.  Enforcing foreign (including out of state) judgments takes technical skills, which we can do.

Call the Law Offices of Ilene B. Belinsky today at 508-436-4613 or contact us online to schedule a consultation at our Brockton office.